Land Forces Africa is a biennial conference and where senior military officials, government, defence industry representatives and agencies involved in security and emergency response gather to meet, share, and learn about the challenges and opportunities in their sector.
The 2 day conference and exhibition has an overarching theme of ‘Interoperability’ and seeks to facilitate collaboration between international, regional and local forces through presentations, panel discussions, case studies, demonstrations and technical workshops. Subjects featured include, but not limited to; African Union Peacekeeping, Counter Insurgency, Border Security, Disaster Management and Technology & Innovation.
The elite delegate attendance and event exclusivity provides unrivalled networking opportunities, highly focused content and engaging activities.
Located in the heart of the South African National Defence Force Headquarters – Thaba Tshwane – Land Forces Africa is supported by the South African Military Health Service.
Land Forces East Africa is held in Tanzania every alternate year and follows a similar format to Land Forces Africa. LFEA is endorsed and supported by the Tanzanian People’s Defence Force.
SERVING MILITARY ATTEND FOR FREE! Land Forces Africa 2015 will be offering 150 free delegate registrations to African serving military personnel on application.
LIMITED SPACE! Reserve your complimentary military delegate pass today by contacting
Taryn van Zanten on firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: +27 12 997 2552
A glance at what will be covered at this years Land Forces Africa and Disaster Management Africa Conference
- Interoperability in African multinational operations
- The formation and development of the Eastern Africa Standby Force
- Successes and pitfalls of United Nations / African Union peacekeeping missions into East Africa: How UNAMID has been a successful collaboration between East African Forces
- Case study: Interoperability in ECOMOG multinational operations in West Africa
- Regional partnerships with SADC, and the role of the SANDF in disaster management missions
- Enabling successful multinational and multiagency operations
- Case studies on border security and anti-poaching
- The ECOWAS Border Security Programme, cross border issues in West Africa
- UAV and new technology deployment in border security operations
- Cross border disaster relief and case studies on Operation Loapin between Mozambique and Malawi
- Mass casualty evacuation, a case study following the Nigerian church collapse
- Interoperability and cooperation during international relief organisations
What to expect
- 2 day conference, focusing on military and civil security strategic objectives
- Case studies, panel discussions and technical workshops
- Technology and vehicle demonstrations
- International delegations
- International and local expert speakers
- Over 100 exhibiting companies
- 1000+ attendees
- 35+ countries represented
- 150+ African military representatives
Conference attendees and who you will meet
Professionals who fulfil defence or security functions around Africa including:
- Senior army and military authorities
- International government agencies and NGOs
- Chiefs of borderline operations
- Heads of landward systems capital acquisitions
- Chiefs of defence policy, strategy and planning
- Procurement managers and programme/project managers
- Heads of operations/technical
- Heads of monitoring and surveillance
- Head of logistics
- Directors of force preparation
- Force Commanders
- Heads of disaster management agencies
- Military medical experts